Updated as at 8 September 2021. Updates will be made as we receive advice from the New Zealand Ministry of Health.
Following the regional move to COVID-19 Alert Level 2, SkyCity Queenstown is pleased to announce that we will re-open our doors at 12pm on Wednesday 8 September with stringent COVID-19 'Delta' Alert Level 2 measures in place. SkyCity Queenstown has introduced new Health and Safety measures to minimise the risk of transmission under Alert Level 2 and with the health and safety of our staff and guests being our number one priority please keep the following in mind:
SkyCity Conditions of Entry
- If sick, please don’t come to SkyCity Queenstown
- If you are feeling sick, please, DO NOT come to SkyCity Queenstown. Please stay at home and seek medical advice. Take care of yourself and only come to SkyCity when you have fully recovered. By doing so, you will be keeping yourself and others safe.
- Masks must be worn while visiting SkyCity Queenstown – Gaming areas
- All customers visiting SkyCity Queenstown Casino must be wearing a mask over their nose and mouth, unless actively eating or drinking.
- Although there will be a limited number of masks available for our customers, we ask that you bring your own mask to SkyCity Queenstown.
- To enter the Casino, we will ask you to lower your mask briefly for identification purposes.
- Our staff members are also required to wear masks, unless exempt for medical reasons.
- All customers are required to scan in via the Government’s NZ COVID Tracer app
- Under Alert Level 2, all people who enter the Casino must scan in via the NZ COVID Tracer app or via our manual forms. This will ensure we have a central register of who is on site and when, so we can support the Ministry of Health with contact tracing, if required.
- In preparation for your visit we recommend that you have the NZ COVID Tracer app downloaded on your mobile phone.
- Additional Casino entry guidelines
- In addition to the use of the NZ COVID Tracer app, facial recognition technology operating on-site may be used to record customer visitation to ensure SkyCity can support the Ministry of Health with contact tracing, if required.
- The number of customers on the gaming floor will be limited to ensure appropriate physical distancing between customers and staff at all times.
- To ensure distance between players, we have configured our gaming machines in a way which ensures physical distancing and a maximum of three players will be allowed on any one table game. Back betting won't be permitted to reduce crowding.
- Sanitise regularly
- Please sanitise or wash your hands regularly. We have multiple hand sanitiser stations throughout SkyCity Queenstown. Please take advantage and use them. We have plenty available to keep you safe when you’re visiting us.
- Physical Distancing Practices
- All queues in public spaces around SkyCity Queenstown will require customers to stand 2 metres apart.
- Once customers are inside the Casino, they must stay 1 metre apart. Please respect other people’s space and stay 1 metre away whilst talking and playing.
- Only three people per table game sitting 1 metre apart.
- Gaming machines have been reconfigured to ensure customers are sitting at least 1 metre apart - with every second machine being switched off.
- If you are dining in Wild Thyme Bar & Kitchen please scan in on entry at the security podium then proceed through to Wild Thyme and take a seat. One of our servers will come to your table to take your order (this includes dining spaces on the Main Gaming Floor).
- Be kind
- Remember to ‘Be kind’ to staff and fellow SkyCity customers and please enjoy yourself while you’re here.
- 2 patrons per lift
- Please limit 2 to a lift – unless you’re visiting SkyCity Queenstown with people from your bubble.
- Extra cleaning regimes
- Extra cleaning regimes have been implemented. We have stepped up the frequency of cleaning to ensure high touch surfaces are sanitised.
- We’ll have alcohol based sanitiser wipes available if you wish to sanitise your gaming space for further peace of mind.
SKYCITY DETAILS UNDER ALERT LEVEL 2
Due to limited capacity (50 pax), SkyCity Queenstown Casino will restrict entry if we reach a level of maximum occupancy.
SkyCity Queenstown Casino will continue to be open daily between 11am and 12am from Thursday 9 September under COVID-19 Alert Level 2.
Wild Thyme Bar & Kitchen
Wild Thyme Bar & Kitchen will also continue to be open daily between 12pm and 10pm under COVID-19 Alert Level 2. Due to limited capacity (50pax), SkyCity Queenstown Casino will restrict entry if we reach a level of maximum occupancy.