Updated at 14 August 2020. Updates will be made as we receive advice from the New Zealand Government and Ministry of Health.
Following the regional move, SkyCity Queenstown’s casino and Wild Thyme Bar & Kitchen moved to COVID-19 Level 2 operations at midday today, Wednesday 12th August. The health and safety of our staff and guests is our number one priority. Please keep the following in mind:
SkyCity Conditions of Entry
- If sick, please don’t come to SkyCity Queenstown
- If you are feeling sick, please, DO NOT come to SkyCity. Please stay at home and seek medical advice. Take care of yourself and only come to SkyCity when you have fully recovered. By doing so, you will be keeping yourself and others safe.
- SkyCity Queenstown Casino Access
- Under Alert Level 2 a central register will be used to record all customer visitation so we can support the Ministry of Health with contact tracing, if required.
- Facial recognition technology operating onsite may also be used to record customer visitation for contact tracing purposes, if required. If this technology is implemented, access to SkyCity Queenstown Casino will be restricted to Premier Rewards members only. Please check https://skycityqueenstown.co.nz/covid-19/ for the latest information.
- The number of patrons on the gaming floor will be limited.
- To ensure distance between players, we have configured our gaming machines in a way which ensures physical distancing and a maximum of three players will be allowed on any one table game. Back betting won't be permitted to reduce crowding.
- Wear a mask if you wish
- If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask, then you’re welcome to bring your own and wear whilst here at SkyCity We will ask you to remove your mask briefly for identification purposes.
- Don’t be concerned if you see members of staff wearing masks
- Don’t be alarmed if you see some of our own team wearing masks. It’s not a mandatory requirement, but some of the team may choose to wear them for their own peace of mind.
- Sanitise regularly
- Please sanitise or wash your hands regularly. We have multiple hand sanitiser stations throughout SkyCity Queenstown. Please take advantage and use them. We have plenty available to keep you safe when you’re visiting us.
- Good cough & sneeze etiquette
- When you visit SkyCity Queenstown, please ensure you have good cough and sneeze etiquette. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues. Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately. Follow up with using our hand sanitiser or alternatively wash your hands with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds).
- Don’t forget to ‘Stay 1 metre away’. Please respect other people’s space and stay 1 metre away whilst talking and playing.
- Only three people per table game sitting 1 metre apart.
- Gaming machines reconfigured with approximately every second gaming machine in operation to ensure patrons are sitting 1 metre apart.
- Be kind
- Remember to ‘Be kind’ to staff and fellow SkyCity patrons and please enjoy yourself while here.
- 2 Patrons per lift
- Please limit 2 to a lift – unless you’re visiting SkyCity with people from your bubble.
- Extra cleaning regimes
- Extra cleaning regimes have been implemented. We have stepped up the frequency of cleaning to ensure high touch surfaces are sanitised.
- We’ll have alcohol based sanitiser wipes available if you wish to sanitise your gaming space for further peace of mind.
SKYCITY DETAILS UNDER ALERT LEVEL 2
SkyCity Queenstown Casino will continue to be open daily from 12pm – 12am during COVID-19 Level 2.
Wild Thyme Kitchen & Bar will continue to be open between 12pm and 10pm daily.